Sunday, October 18, 2009

Step Two: Am I Just Reinventing the Wheel?


I have also been looking into existing vegan recipes. They are much more prevalent than I realized. There must be hundreds of cookbooks including some that are specifically for baking. I keep running into two books: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitzand Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. I’m really excited that so many books exist, but it does make me question the usefulness of my original product idea. I was planning to come up with some vegan recipes of my own concoction.

I haven’t entirely given up on the idea, but for my own personal use, I think I would be just as likely to use a cookbook like one of these as to attempt to make one of my old cookbook recipes vegan. Like I said before, why reinvent an existing process? I guess I’ll focus on recipes that I know I really liked before becoming vegan. I know I would really love a piece of sour cream pound cake, for example. Since starting the project the idea of that pound cake has been floating around in my head. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment