Monday, January 4, 2010

Mid Step: December Break


My family went to the beach for the New Year so I wasn’t able to try any new recipes, but my mom got me “Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar” for Christmas. I have a batch of cookies in the oven now. It’s amazing how much easier the recipes that others make are compared to my Pound Cake fiasco. I wonder how bakeries get their recipes. Do they modify tried and true recipes that others have created or does each baker start from scratch. I am even more against my original idea of creating a bunch of recipes for my product than I initially was not only because it was ridiculously difficult and yielded results that were only slightly above the neutral score of 3 but also because when I think about how a bakery would make products, my recipes seem useless. There’s no way a bakery could or would make recipes one pound cake at a time. I imagine they would be dealing with much larger sets of batches and ingredients at a time. I should really schedule a time to see the bakery where my project facilitator works so that I can see what they do there.

No comments:

Post a Comment